Here are some incredibly unimportant things that often make it hard, oh-so-hard to be in my head:
- I can NEVER find anything in my handbag. Unless I tip the whole damn thing out and this is NOT fun when it’s 10pm and dark outside and you can’t find your car keys.
- I can’t do sums in my head. At all. Especially when the number 7 is involved.
- I can’t do the same thing every day, or even two days in a row, in the same order. This is very annoying when you’re trying to acquire a (good) new habit. Or get anything done.
- I don’t menu plan. I can’t. I won’t. I must.
- My ability to meditate seems to depend on the cycles of the moon. Or the planets. Or what I ate for dinner.
- I don’t like parties. That’s it. I’m sorry, but I just don’t. You can’t have a real conversation, it’s noisy and I can’t hear properly because my ability to distinguish background noise from foreground noise is diminishing as I age. Maybe I just hate that.
- There is NO SPORT IN THE WORLD that I understand the rules of (or like). Especially not cricket. This is very hard in Australia where sport defines us as a nation and it’s what we live and breathe.
- It takes me roughly a gazillion times longer than almost anyone to learn anything to do with technology. This is very hard on planet Earth where technology defines us as a species and it’s what we live and breathe.
- I don’t get Twitter. I wish I did cos I think it may not be as lame as it seems.
- My mind is like a runaway crazy horse. It leaps ahead, and then forgets where it’s going and why. So on the one hand, I get to traverse vast distances in a day. On the other hand, I’m often not sure where I am when I get there. This is so bad that I had to have several goes at compiling this list because I kept forgetting the next thing I hate. But on the plus side, I did an enormous number of other things in between.
- I can’t remember the 11th thing. I had it – just a second ago. Now it’s gone. Oh wait … no. (true story)
Can you relate? Anything about you that you hate? 🙂